The Architect May 12,2022Contracting company:
Contracting is the stage that comes after engineering offices stage, its field of work is in designing and engineering plans. Construction projects are assigned to a company which is known as the contracting company, whether the project is in construction and general building, buildings contracting, towers contracting, commercial and private projects, or project finishing which is available upon request. The project is then executed by workers, engineers, project managers, procurement department to supply the materials for the project and other departments as well. Moreover, the contracting company is accountable for managing, controlling, and tracking projects execution team.
Supervising projects, project supervision or what is also known as supervision contracts is generally a responsibility of the engineering office.
A subcontractor is a company that is responsible of implementing a specific part of a construction project, therefore it seeks to take a part of the main contract of a project from the general contractor and implement it. An example of that is when a subcontractor is specialized in tasks such as paint, finishing, electrical & mechanical, ventilation, concrete, ground leveling, digging & backfilling, soil test or retail store construction and much more of specialty tasks that are usually given to a subcontractor by the main project contractor.
Steps to success in contracting:
There are many challenges and difficulties in working as a contractor, however there are skills and foundations to success and creativity that are recommended to follow. Below are some of these skills:
- Improving negotiation skills.
- Hire skilled workers in construction.
- The ability to handle all aspects of a project and to assure work continuity under all circumstances.
- Money management.
- Documents authentication.
- Project cost estimation skills.
- Procurement and expenses management.
After agreeing with a client and signing the contract, the contractor is assigned to a variety of duties and responsibilities, below are some of the tasks that contracting companies must provide:
- Assign a team of workers, technicians, engineers who have skills, knowledge and the experience needed to be able to complete the tasks of constructional and architectural contracting.
- Supervising workers and technicians tasks, and provide an adequate instructions about the tasks.
- Prepare the required authorizations from the contracting industry according to its guidelines, before having the order to start the construction work.
- Provide facilities and support services to the working staff, and maintain it until the work submission date.
- Coordinate tasks between contractors in case of assigning more than one contractor for a project. Follow the work plan and guidance from the general or main contractor. However, if there is one contractor, a timetable must be provided to state the project start and end time and propose an execution plan.
The advantages of working in the contracting industry:
The contracting industry is considered as one of the fast-growing industries around the world, the system of contracting has a lot of freedom and flexibility. Working in the contracting industry has many advantages, for instance:
- Gain an experience in different fields and industrial establishments.
- Increasing average of wager pay in working as a contractor, which results in higher revenue.
- The flexibility in selecting opportunities and choosing the work strategy.
The architect platform supports the industry in all aspects, it supports the contractor and the subcontractor in gaining projects and managing requests, it also supports them in finding construction materials.
Moreover, the platform supports the other party who is looking for a contractor to his project by being with him in the early stages of his journey, from professional quotations to having the best offers and finally assigning the perfect contractor to the project.